Current version dated: 24 June 2013
App Initio Software, Inc. (“App Initio”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your privacy and makes all reasonable efforts to protect it. Our goal is to create great apps that simplify your life, not to collect your personal information for reselling to others.
Operators of Web sites, mobile phone and Web services, and app sellers commonly collect personal information from their customers and users. This can be:
- Personally identifiable information (PII): Information that identifies you, or can be used to identify you when combined with other information. For example, your UDID, geo-location, cell phone number, email address, name, address book, financial and payment information, photos, and apps downloaded or used.
- Non-PII: Information that does not identify you personally. For example, your IP address, ISP, browser type, operating system, language, date and time of visit, referring URL, search term used, geographic region, and content viewed.
Collection of PII and non-PII
When you download, purchase, or use Pic Scanner, we do not collect any PII or non-PII from you. However, downloads and purchases from the App Store involve your sharing PII and non-PII with Apple Inc. We are not responsible for the practices employed and the use of such information by Apple or other third parties that may have access to your PII or non-PII due to your use of Pic Scanner.
When you visit our Web site either from a computer or a mobile device, we do not automatically collect any PII from you. We may, however, collect non-PII through cookies or other Internet tools.
The non-PII may be used to improve our Web site, apps and customer experience, and to deliver product announcements, software updates and special offers.
When you visit our pages on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc., we do not collect any PII from you.
However, visiting our social media pages may involve your sharing PII and non-PII with the social network operators. Their use of this information is governed by their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the practices employed and the use of such information by them.
When, as a member of social networking Web sites, you link your accounts to our social media pages, for example by choosing to ‘Like’ or ‘Follow’ Pic Scanner, you are knowingly providing us both PII and non-PII from your social media profile that is collected on an individual basis. We may use this information to promote our apps, to improve customer experience, and to deliver product announcements, software updates and special offers. Such information may also be publicly viewed and used by other members of these sites, based on your privacy settings on these sites.
When you email us directly or contact us through contact forms on our Web sites to provide feedback, suggestions, bug reports etc., you knowingly disclose to us PII that is collected on an individual basis. We may use this information to respond to you, and to deliver product announcements, software updates and special offers.
If you do not want to get emails from us (except customer service related), you may ask us to unsubscribe you from our emails.
If you post a comment on our Web sites, social media pages or App Store page, the comment and any personal or PII you disclose may be visible to other people who visit the Web sites or pages.
If you submit any photos for use on Pic Scanner Web site, these are considered public information and may be seen, copied or further distributed by others. If you include any PII in such submissions, other people who visit the Web site may see it.
Disclosure of information
We may share your PII with outside parties in the following circumstances:
- With trusted third parties who work with us to help deliver our services, so long as those parties agree to keep the PII confidential.
- With your permission, with third parties so you can receive products, services, and information you have requested.
- When we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
- With another company if App Initio or Pic Scanner are acquired or discontinue operations.
Non-PII may be provided to other parties for analytics, marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Please also read our Terms and Conditions.
© 2013 App Initio Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved